Monday, June 1, 2015

Simeon Checks In

Elder Nelson and I on our way to the car
Well, this week was truly a week of surprises.  To be totally honest, some of them I did not see coming! We started the week off working through Memorial Day and we had fun.  On that day the rains came and we got drenched twice, so yes, success.  But we just kept going all the way and we had a good time teaching and doing the Lord's work. I was, however, saddened by the death of the sister missionary in the mission next door. It hit me really hard and then I found out about Elder Perry and, boy, oh boy, I was even more saddened.  As I sat in Sacrament meeting just trying to imagine what these families must be feeling, I was comforted strongly by the Holy Spirit that all would be well. The spirit told me I needed to keep doing the Lord's work - what he has asked me and needs me to do – so, hey, I will not question that answer, for the Lord's ways and plans are higher than mine.

I also welcomed a new companion when Elder Snedaker from Rexburg, ID joined us, so we are now a threesome. Good times and hard work to come (will send picture next week).  We are now walking around like the three musketeers and doing what we know how to do best and that is teach the gospel.  Elder Snedaker has been out only one transfer so he is still getting used to it all. He falls asleep sometimes but that’s okay.
  
What can I say? Super funny, huh?
On Sunday, I had the opportunity to give someone we are teaching a blessing.  When I had finished giving him the blessing he just sat there and said “I feel at peace and calm.”  This investigator lost his wife about 7 weeks ago and is a single father of ten kids.  When we gave him the blessing, I testify to you, he truly felt the Holy Spirit and I added my testimony to that by telling him how he can always feel that way.  It was  amazing to see how calm he was after.  It seemed as though the heaviest burden had been lifted off of his shoulder and it reminded me of the words the Savior said in Matthew 11:28:

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Truly that is what the restored gospel of Jesus Christ does.  As we help the Lord do exactly that, we ourselves will have our burdens lightened and lifted I testify and know that to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment