Monday, December 22, 2014

Simeon Sees Another Baptism

Baptism of a new member of the Vietnamese Branch.
Bandaid covers injury from playing b-ball with an
elder who thought he was taller than me!
Yes, yes and yes!!!  That is all I can really say! This week the Lord received another of His wonderful sons back into the fold and it was totally amazing. I did not do the ordinance myself but I looked at this young man and saw him as truly as God does. It was awesome! He was baptized into the Vietnamese Branch just a week after we met him.  So tell me this - are there not prepared souls out there to find?  Yes, there is and this young man is a testimony builder to that. I just remember the glow which came from him as he stood there all smiles and happy to be baptized.  It took me back to the very moment when I was baptized. I shared that with him and the Holy Ghost did the rest. He was confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints yesterday, so if I am happy can you imagine how happy our Heavenly Father is to receive this son back into his fold?  

This week was a little tiresome for me.  Everyone is just not home or either too busy.  I often wonder if the Savior came to their door would they look him in the eye and tell him "hey, I am busy. Can you come back tomorrow?'' I am guessing that would be a big No!  But, hey, I will do all I must do to help them remember the true meaning of Christmas which is of course, Jesus Christ. I just love sharing this gospel. I know with all my heart it is TRUE! I know as we all come together this Christmas season we will not only bless and help others but, in all truth, we will be helping God for as Matthew 25:40 says:

And the King shall answer and say unto them, "Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

I testify with all my heart, as we humble ourselves and willingly do as we are commanded, we will truly be helping God.

PS:  Opps, I did forget to mention how my birthday went.  To be honest I did on my birthday what I do everyday ... knock doors.  It did not sound like a fun thing to do on my birthday but it was well worth it. 


.

No comments:

Post a Comment