Monday, December 1, 2014

Selwin Sees the World Differently

Looking at the world thru my companion's glasses.
This week has gone by really fast.  Can you believe it's already December?  There's a saying we have back home which goes, "time and tide waits on no man" so I guess I have no choice but to be on time and to roll with the tides.

Sadly, nothing much happened this week in terms of missionary work but it's all good. Besides these same things happen or don’t happen all the time.  We just have to keep pushing forward. Thanksgiving was good!  We had something called the "Turkey Bowl" where we played American football and it was good. I got the ball once after playing for over three hours but, I made it count. We had both Thanksgiving lunch and dinner so I didn't have to cook that day at all, which was good.  The members were super nice.  They wanted us to eat everything but it was beyond me!!! 

As I was doing my personal studies this week I came across a scripture which had me thinking, as most things do.  It's found in Alma 10:22-23 and reads:

 22 Yea, and I say unto you that if it were not for the prayers of the righteous, who are now in the land, that ye would even now be visited with utter destruction; yet it would not be by flood, as were the people in the days of Noah, but it would be by famine, and by pestilence, and the sword.
 23 But it is by the prayers of the righteous that ye are spared; now therefore, if ye will cast out the righteous from among you then will not the Lord stay his hand; but in his fierce anger he will come out against you; then ye shall be smitten by famine, and by pestilence, and by the sword; and the time is soon at hand except ye repent.

This really reminded me of the responsibility we have to share this gospel with everyone and put the thought in my head that there are a lot of prayers definitely being said. Otherwise, I don't think we would still be here or would we have the restored gospel on earth. It reminded me also of the promise God made to Abram about how he shall spare the people if there are at least 10 righteous people in the land.  Truly God has not forgotten His promise for if we take a good look at the world we live in today it really is a miracle it still stands.

No comments:

Post a Comment