Monday, December 8, 2014

Simeon Says Guyanese Duo is No More

Okay, so no more Guyanese duo! And, just when we were getting the ball rolling and all. But the Lord knows what he is doing, right? 

Elder Stewart left last week for a new area and I got a new companion.  After six weeks together, the infinite duo of Lovell and Stewart has come to an end.  This week we did not see a whole lot of success but we saw the Lord hands in all that we did.  One day we went out finding in the rain and, to be honest, I felt right at home.  The next day we had fog but we got no time to stay indoors.  We grabbed our flashlights and we were off.  It was fun to go out finding and though the Christmas season is around the corner and everyone is up and down we sure are blessed to still have those wonderful persons who stop and talk to us.  It is hard sometime but no one ever said it would be easy and so I will continue to go on because the words of President Hinckley's father are always ringing in my head when he said, "forget yourself and go to work."  

For Thanksgiving, we went to a member’s home and had a feast. It was good. I just kept searching for the chicken instead of the turkey all the time.  I never found it, of course.

We are teaching a super cool family from India and, boy do they have a ton of questions. Sometimes I wonder if I am playing Jeopardy but, I always give the right answers and they are awesome, too.  This Sunday we were invited to the Vietnamese Branch for their Fast and Testimony meeting. It was beautiful. I truly understood what they were saying. I felt the spirit so strong there it was amazing and I learned a valuable lesson that when God wants to get his message across, He will, whether it be in another language or Sacrament meeting. 

It takes me to the scripture in 1 Nephi 16:29: “And there was also written upon them a new writing, which was plain to be read, which did give us understanding concerning the ways of the Lord; and it was written and changed from time to time, according to the faith and diligence which we gave unto it. And thus we see that by small means the Lord can bring about great things."

"And so it is that by small and simply means great things do come to pass for with God all things are possible.”

No comments:

Post a Comment