Monday, December 8, 2014

Selwin is First This Week

The Fullmers who just returned
from missionary service in New Jersey
So this week has been one full of work. Hard work, I should say, but the Lord has blessed us for it as well as for us having faith in Him.

As you would expect it's gotten a little harder to go out tracting. Not impossible though and the Lord showed us that. After tracting for four hours straight without much success we got to the last house on the street and when the guy opened the door he told us now was not a good time but we could come back on Saturday.  Normally when someone tells us to come back they normally are not at home or they are but won’t answer the door as our first appointment did on Saturday.

But we went. It's not like we had a choice.  When we got there the guy opened the door and invited us in and as it turns out he has met with the missionaries before … about 5 or 6 years ago.  He had some concerns about the Prophet Joseph Smith and how he got the Book of Mormon, so we explained it to him and his family who had joined us. They are from Ecuador.  After I told them where I was from he asked how I could believe it after what Jim Jones did many years ago. I told him that as I sat and listened to Elder Danzell and Elder Torres teach, I knew this was not the word of a mere man, but of God. After much prayer I got my answer so I invited him and his family to pray again and this time to listen for the answer.

President Ezra Taft Benson once said, "Men may deceive but God does not.”  I know this statement is true and like the Prophet Joseph Smith said, "This gospel shall go forth and it will penetrate every continent and it will be sounded in every ear until the great Jehovah shall say the work is done".

No comments:

Post a Comment