Monday, December 28, 2015

Simeon's Christmas 2015

The Daniels family baptized on December 19
So this was the week of Christmas. It was quite normal on my end and I am grateful about that! The week started off with us going to Zone Conference and learning new things before having a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner with the senior couples in the ward.  It was pretty nice because they consider us family and we think the same of them.  On Christmas day I shot out of bed and was off to the little Christmas tree to see what good old saint nick had left me! Instead what I found was even better … a picture of my Savior being a light to the world and a light for me to follow. It was not what I expected but exactly what I needed. I thank those who took time out to send a package my way and my brothers and it is wonderful to know our family all the way in Bloomington has got our backs.

We did not have anyone to see and so we just stayed in the apartment as the previous night before we had gone caroling to the max at those we were teaching and also members home and it was awesome!!! I still do not have a good singing voice so bro you got this one but during our last song for a member we all gave it our best and it sounded great. I was able to talk with a few people later in the evening and some even blamed us for making it snow.  Now I would understand if that was 2 years ago but we are innocent of any further accusations.

We got back to work the very next day and though I still had Boxing Day in my head we went out. It was a great day.  A lot of people talked with us which is always good, so we have a few people to go back and see. The Lord's work goes forth indeed and that is always a great thing.

This week as I was studying the Scriptures I came across this in Alma 26: 26-37 ...

26 But behold, my beloved brethren, we came into the wilderness not with the intent to destroy our brethren, but with the intent that perhaps we might save some few of their souls.
 27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.
 28 And now behold, we have come, and been forth amongst them; and we have been patient in our sufferings, and we have suffered every privation; yea, we have traveled from house to house, relying upon the mercies of the world—not upon the mercies of the world alone but upon the mercies of God.
 29 And we have entered into their houses and taught them, and we have taught them in their streets; yea, and we have taught them upon their hills; and we have also entered into their temples and their synagogues and taught them; and we have been cast out, and mocked, and spit upon, and smote upon our cheeks; and we have been stoned, and taken and bound with strong cords, and cast into prison; and through the power and wisdom of God we have been delivered again.
 30 And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some.
 31 Now behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors; and are they few? I say unto you, Nay, they are many; yea, and we can witness of their sincerity, because of their love towards their brethren and also towards us.
 32 For behold, they had rather sacrifice their lives than even to take the life of their enemy; and they have buried their weapons of war deep in the earth, because of their love towards their brethren.
 33 And now behold I say unto you, has there been so great love in all the land? Behold, I say unto you, Nay, there has not, even among the Nephites.
 34 For behold, they would take up arms against their brethren; they would not suffer themselves to be slain. But behold how many of these have laid down their lives; and we know that they have gone to their God, because of their love and of their hatred to sin.
 35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.
 36 Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land.
 37 Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.

A little long I know but right to the point which is that we should rejoice in the trials and success we receive.  Though we may not exhaust our strength in doing so still rejoice for you have overcome a trial or helped someone to or someone has been brought back into the fold or even baptized into the fold.  In this we should be happy for this is why the Savior was born and this is why he died and he did all for everyone of us. May we ever rejoice and be glad at the blessings we do receive for who knows it may help bring some soul closer to our Savior Jesus Christ and who knows maybe even our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment