Monday, December 7, 2015

Simeon on the Corner of Merry and Christmas!

On the corner of "Merry" and "Christmas"
Well, I thought I had won the fight and defeated the cold I previously had but I soon realized the war and battle had just begun.  The cold weather has returned just like how the new Star Wars movie!  I will not be slowed down by it so I will just have to get rid of it fast! This week the weather was cold again so I have to double up on clothing which I did for I am not taking any chances.

I finished up exchanges this week with the companionships in the Zone, so it will be all work now back in my own area.  I enjoyed exchanges.  While on exchanges we met a young lady named Faithful who was from Nigeria.  She invited us back so faithfully all goes well there. Everyone out here thinks we are Jehovah's Witnesses which I dislike but there is not much we can do about it.   We just say, “No, we are true representatives of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and then we proceed to tell them why we are there at their doorstep. 

Me with Elder Compton
Another interesting experience happened while we were out knocking doors. We knocked on a door and all we saw was smoke and what smelled like marijuana.  A young lady peered outside and asked us if we were Jesus people to which we responded yes! She then proceeded to say, “we are doing a lot of sinning in here so now is not a good time.”  One of my companions replied, “oh, yes it is and that is why God sent us to your door!”  Let's just say, she told us to come back and hopefully when we do we won't have to walk through smoke.   

Me with Elder Esplin
As I was studying this week I came across a scripture in Mosiah 15:28-31 which reads:

 28 And now I say unto you that the time shall come that the salvation of the Lord shall be declared to every nation, kindred, tongue, and people.
   

29 Yea, Lord, thy watchmen shall lift up their voice; with the voice together shall they sing; for they shall see eye to eye, when the Lord shall bring again Zion.
 

30 Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem; for the Lord hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Jerusalem.
 

31 The Lord hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

As I read that it gave me great joy to know we are out here bringing this joy and the chance for Salvation to all of our brothers and sisters that they too might have great joy and rejoice with us. President Uchtdorf mentioned in last evening’s Christmas devotion we should all be generous and thank the Generous One who gives us all the gifts and blessings we need.  I pray we all do that not just this Christmas season but all seasons year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment