Monday, December 14, 2015

Simeon is Transferred

Me at Zone P-day.  We won the football game!
So, the news has come at last!  This morning at about 6:35 am I was told I will be leaving Decatur and whitewashing into a new area and training a new missionary again.  So, in about a week and a half I will have to get to know an entire ward and so probably no Christmas dinners as of yet.  But, hey, on the bright side, it's Christmas so I will be teaching the Gospel.

This week I had a really good birthday.  Hey, Selwin HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRO! Yeah, it slipped my mind last week until someone reminded me who had the same birthday as we do.

We had it a little tough this week as we went through the phase of letting people,  we are teaching, go.  It is tough because they have experienced the blessings of the gospel in their lives and have even gained a witness from the Holy Spirit this gospel is True.  So that is what we had to deal with this week.  I think back to what Sel said in his blog from last week about where else we can turn for salvation but to our Savior Jesus Christ.  It brought me comfort to know we must set our sights, hearts and souls on always staying with the Savior and never leaving him for where indeed shall we go?

I have learned a lot from just being here.  My companion reminds me of Sel a lot though I will say, “you are smarter, bro” but still pretty much the same.  It is incredible to see how the Lord helps you love your companions and those people you teach which is something that always impresses me.  It helps me to know how the Savior and Our Heavenly Father feel about us and how much they love us, even when we think things are not going the way they should, so I am happy to have been here to learn this lesson.

During my studies this week I came across Mosiah 28:1-4 that helped me remember what truly is at stake here for us and others in this life:

Well, you get it!
1 Now it came to pass that after the sons of Mosiah had done all these things, they took a small number with them and returned to their father, the king, and desired of him that he would grant unto them that they might, with these whom they had selected, go up to the land of Nephi that they might preach the things which they had heard, and that they might impart the word of God to their brethren, the Lamanites—
 That perhaps they might bring them to the knowledge of the Lord their God, and convince them of the iniquity of their fathers; and that perhaps they might cure them of their hatred towards the Nephites, that they might also be brought to rejoice in the Lord their God, that they might become friendly to one another, and that there should be no more contentions in all the land which the Lord their God had given them.
 Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish; yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble.
 And thus did the Spirit of the Lord work upon them, for they were the very vilest of sinners. And the Lord saw fit in his infinite mercy to spare them; nevertheless they suffered much anguish of soul because of their iniquities, suffering much and fearing that they should be cast off forever.

Now this is exactly how we should feel for we are all in this together.  As we focus on the things that really and truly matter we will bring Salvation not just to ourselves but to many of our brothers and sisters, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment