Monday, December 21, 2015

Selwin Celebrates Christmas in - and with - the Cold

Packages and more packages at the door!
So this week was the second straight week where things have just been weird. One member told us it's probably because everyone has their  heads in the clouds to which I responded, "nope, I don't think so. I think it's in the stores right now.”

Anyhow the week was still good.  We visited a lot of less actives and even went out caroling with a few members but with the cold I got singing 'Silent Night,” trying to hit the high notes was just a no, no. But the members we visited still loved it, so that was a good thing. I also had interviews this week with my mission president and at the end of our visit I said, 'President, I will do all I can to get the work done despite me not feeling well.”  He then reminded me of the words of King Benjamin and said, “Elder, it is not requisite to run faster than you have strength.”  Good advice from a wise man. Yesterday we had our ward Christmas program and it was awesome, despite the occasional cough coming from me in the congregation. 

Me and my boys on P-day
Can't believe it's Christmas already, but it's that time of year again where we celebrate the birth of the Savior and really remember why He was born. And that is so salvation could come to all mankind. I really love the story of His birth as described in the Luke 2:6-21.

I can't help but ponder in my mind how we all were singing when the Savior was born because we knew what it meant. We knew the plan created by our Father in Heaven was going to be fulfilled. We knew salvation came because He was born. “He is the resurrection and the life: he that believeth in Him though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in Him shall never die.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment