Monday, December 7, 2015

Selwin in Purvis for Another Transfer

And the wise men cometh ...
So, last week was transfer week here (which I forgot to mention) but I'm staying here in Purvis in the Hidden Leaf Village as Simeon calls it.  I'm stoked and I get to stay with my companion Elder Stokes. What a combination!!!.

This week was really good despite us not being able to see any of our regular investigators who all cancelled on us. We've watched and we continue to watch as the Lord continues to open doors for us, for the last six(6) weekends me and my companion have been fasting and praying for doors to be opened and this week we saw the fruits of it come forth as two investigators, we met this week, came to church. Yes, my joy was filled.  This week we also had Christmas Nativity presentation at the stake center with tons of different nativities from around the world and performances by various individuals and by the choir, directed by the choir director from the University of Southern Mississippi.  They were just awesome.   And, no, I did not participate in it, but I did take pictures of every single nativity set there. I still can't believe it's almost Christmas already.

Then to top off the week we had the Christmas Devotional which was just amazing. All the talks hit home for me. Sister Linda K. Burton actually ended her talk by quoting a scripture in John 6 I had read that very morning, which reads:

67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life."

Sister Burton only quoted the phrase 'will ye also go away', but I really loved the response of Simon Peter. For where else can we turn for the words to ensure us eternal life?  Who else can we turn to who will teach us all things we must do to progress towards eternal life and open our understanding and create a change in us words cannot describe? Who else but the Savior of all mankind Himself even Jesus Christ, so as Simon Peter and the apostles of old, let us cling to the Savior, grasping and clinging to every word He has taught us. Knowing, as we do, our joy will be filled even to overflowing.  It is the Savior’s season so we must do all we can to emanate even more of His attributes.

No comments:

Post a Comment