Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Selwin Answers a Prayer

This was transfer week. Looks like I'm staying in Picayune for another transfer. Hurray!!!. With the past weekend being Pioneer Day the stake held an activity on Saturday to celebrate but we didn't go.  Instead we worked.

The decision to work was a good one.  We went tracting for a really long time but it didn't phase us. We were tracting this one street and we knocked on this door.  A lady comes out and she just looks sick.  We asked her if we could do anything for her to which she said, “no, I’m just a little depressed.” My companion Elder Bennett then asked her if we could say a prayer for her.  She said “yes,” so she let us in and then after the prayer she opened up telling us about everything going on in her life.  Then she asked us a couple of questions and one of them had to do with forgiveness. I bore her my testimony about forgiveness but especially about forgiving yourself. I then told her along with forgiveness there must be love.  I don't know why I said that but I did. I knew she had just gotten the answer she was praying for. She thanked us so many times I stopped counting and then she said at the door, "go and answer someone else's prayer because you definitely answered mine."  She just made my day! 

Later while on another street we ran into a bunch of children who, when they saw us coming, said, "There here". They then ran to the front and said, " Ahhh, strangers are at our door.”  We asked if their parents were home and they said “yes” but got no answer when we knocked.  They then showed us their pet turtle and on our way down the drive way one of them said, "We just talked to strangers.”  So much fun.

But as I recollected I really couldn't help but think about that one lady and about how much more happy she was from the time we got there to the time we left. I thought about the love shown even though we didn't know each other and how the Savior does the exact same thing for us because we are all the children of God.

1 John 4:12 reads:  No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Love is what is needed in this world we live in today. As we continue to love each other so will the Lord our God continue to love us.

No comments:

Post a Comment