Monday, July 20, 2015

Selwin on Exchanges

Exchanges with Elder Bierer
Well, this week went by much quicker than I was expecting it to. I had splits this week and it was awesome despite it being over a 100 degrees every single day.  Oh, yeah it was awesome and a lot was learned.

I really don't have a lot to report but I will share what happened as exchanges with one of the elders from Bogalusa ended. We had just finished planning and I was sharing with him what we study every night as a companionship and how it could be of help in strengthening the unity between himself and his companion. So I read a paragraph about having faith in the Savior.  After reading this, he broke down in tears telling me how he had been praying for a long time for an answer to some questions he had and what I had just said was the answer he needed.  All I did was pick a paragraph and read it, but it reassured me the Lord does answer our prayers and He does so in many ways especially through others we meet and also His compassion for us is great.

As I studied this week this scripture stood out to me:

Exchanges with Elder Jones
 22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

 23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

 24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

 25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

 26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children’s bread, and to cast it to dogs.

 27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.

 28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour."

Because of her faith Christ had compassion on this woman.  Is it not what He expects from us today? As we exercise our faith in Him, He will have compassion on us and He will hear and answer our prayers. Because of the faith in Christ this elder had his prayers were answered, hence we must not waiver but we must secure our faith in Him.  That means, with all of our hearts we must trust and have faith in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment