Monday, March 30, 2015

Simeon On Exchanges With the Spanish Elders

Me on a bike again.
To be honest, this week went by pretty fast.  To top it off General Conference is just around the corner.  I am just trucking on because that's all I really know to do. My area is, by far, not an easy one.  Most of the time people just want to bash.  If I was on my time I would gladly do that but on the Lord's time I honestly have no time to waste.  That and the fact they are always confounded at my knowledge of the Bible, so I just go where the Lord needs me to go.

This week we went on exchanges with the Spanish Elders so I had to gear up my Spanish, which, of course, is not good.  Luckily, one of the persons we talked with knows English and I was able to bear my testimony to him. He said, "I have never felt like this before. When you started to talk something said to listen and so I did." I told him what he was feeling was the Holy Ghost telling him right there and then the words I was speaking were true.  He said, “I believe you, man, I really do.”  That was really cool for me and though this week we have not had a ton of success finding, I know it will all work out because the Lord is not just preparing the hearts of the persons he will put in our paths but also the members.

Me with the Spanish Elders Kohler and Belnap.
This past Sunday we had a mission-wide fast which also included The Georgia Atlanta and The Georgia Atlanta North Missions.  That was really cool, and, yes, I so felt the Spirit.  It was awesome and exciting. I will be honest, missionary work is tough.  It truly tests all of your abilities, but, boy I will testify to this:  it is also the most rewarding in the end whether you see the blessing then or after your mission.  So with Conference coming up, I am excited and ready to go to tell everyone that the gospel is true, the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and we have a living prophet on the earth today whose name is Thomas. S. Monson. And, we are called to teach the Savior's restored gospel to the world and that is what I will do! YES, THAT IS WHAT I WILL DO!

Scripture for the week is Helaman 10:4-5

 4 Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.

 5 And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will.

And so as we press forward in doing the things the Lord requires of us and trust in Him, He will guide us safely through and bless us for our efforts and willingness to serve him, I testify with all my heart, might, mind, and soul it is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment