Friday, March 27, 2015

Selwin FINALLY Writes!

I finally found time to get to the library.  I've been transferred to Jackson, Mississippi and we just white washed an area so we are starting over from scratch.

My new companion's name is Elder Singoma.  He's originally from the Congo but he has been living in the states for twelve years now and guess what??? He's a twin, whoa!!! Does it get any better than that? Oh, yes it does, because he break dances. Don't worry, I'll only learn the easy moves.

We've been cleaning and going out to find people to teach already so it's shaping up to be a pretty good transfer although we got lost trying to get back home yesterday. It was so funny but so aggravating at the same time. Thank goodness the AP's had a GPS so they could come find us. Yep, that's one for the journal, my people. It was quite the adventure.

My last week in Gulfport was super awesome. We were out tracting one day and after hitting a few doors me and my companion just wanted to go home but we kept going. We got to the second-to-the-last house on the street and out came a lady who was very glad to see us. She said she had just turned her life over to God and had been praying for a sign when we showed up.  A few days later we went by to invite her to church to watch the "Meet The Mormons" movie.  She said she had been praying again to know if the Lord wanted her to take this path and we showed up again. She came to both the movie and church on Sunday. She said she knew me from somewhere.  I told her I'm not from America but she insisted, so you know where she knew me from exactly. That was just another example of how even when we don't feel like doing things, especially the things the Lord has asked us to do, we should do them anyway, because if we had turned around and gone home we probably would have never met the young lady at all.

So no matter what it is you're going through know the Lord is there and He will help you.  Trust Him and put your faith in Him. The Lord promises us He will never leave us nor forsake us.  This promise brings to mind that famous scripture in 1 Nephi chapter 3:7:

"I will go and do the things which the Lord has commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the things which he hath commanded them."

Now doesn't this promise not just make you want to act?  The invitation is open to all who will accept, the Lord lives, people, and so His will and works will all be accomplished.  He is our advocate with the Father and we owe Him a lot, yet all He wants is for us to follow him so one day we may stand, not behind Him, but right next to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment