Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Simeon is Down to Two

Me with this neat little golf cart
This week we tried our best to kick things off and saw some success as we were led to a few persons who are prepared to listen to what we have to share. Its always so awesome and amazing and we did a lot of service as well.  We had a total war to up root some stumps and, of course, with a lot of help from the Lord we won the battle and war and will return once again this Saturday to begin all over again. 

This week the most spiritual experience came as I talked to someone the previous missionaries had been teaching and after a few minutes I got the sense she was saying this is it.  She even mentioned two hours before she had opened her desk draw to read her Bible and saw the Book of Mormon.  She said to herself, “I forgot to give those young men this book back” and then she was prompted to read it.  So just as she was about to sign us off for good the Holy Spirit prompted me to testify to her and so I did! I told her the next time she received such a prompting she should pick it up and read it. I bore to her my testimony and she said she felt goose bumps, so I testified what she was feeling was the Holy Ghost testifying to her my words are true.  Guess what?  She agreed to come to church this Sunday and to give it one more try. Whoa! I was feeling the Holy Spirit so much it was awesome and one of my companions was writing it all down in his journal while the other, with mouth wide open, could not believe what was happening. It was pretty intense!  We closed off the week knowing we gave our all and this week we will be down to two because my other companion got his visa to Australia.  He flies out today so it's Elder Schoebinger and me carrying on the Lord's work. 

Elder Schoebinger takes a nap
This week as I was doing my personal studies I came across Alma 37:35-37 which says: 

35 O, remember, my son, and learn wisdom in thy youth; yea, learn in thy youth to keep the commandments of God.
36 Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.
37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.
And I realized we should be calling upon God always even when we go to bed and raise in the morning.  We should be thanking him for all things he has given to us and as we learn Wisdom in our Youth we learn to apply and share these his blessings and commandments with others. I encourage all of us to do this and to always remember by small and simple means are great things brought to pass.  I know that to be TRUE!

No comments:

Post a Comment