Monday, March 2, 2015

Simeon is Whitewashed, Again

Elders Scoebinger, Morris and Lovell
Things were a little out of the ordinary this week because I was told I would be staying in the Brockett Ward but I am now in the Sharpsburg Ward!  Yeah, I got a last minute telephone call from the assistants saying, “hey, you are needed here” and so with only half a day to pack I got going.  Not what I expected but hey, you will not hear any complaints from me for where ever I am called to serve I will gladly go.  Two other elders and I were white washed into an area. We so had our work cut out for us this week and it seemed as though everyone we called were not too happy to hear from us, so we gave them some much needed space and then went finding.  Again no one opened their doors to us and the one guy who did for the entire week simply but kindly said, “no, sorry guys. I am not interested.”  At least he was friendly and at least we can up the ratio this upcoming week by finding some of those prepared souls I just know are out there waiting for us.  It will take a lot of doing but the hard work will pay off I just know that it will!  Besides that the week has gone good. I looked and saw my brother’s blog pic and went, “whoa, don't you dare eat all that chocolate … without me. I loved that the members all around are starting to see how missionary work blesses them as much as it blesses those who are learning the Gospel.  None of us are excluded for we all play a very crucial part in missionary work whether it means going out with the missionaries or feeding them; and, trust me, we love being fed when you have the time to invite us over.

(Almost) barefoot in the snow
But during my personal study this week I came across a particular scripture which speaks more to all of us than just me. It is found in Alma 24:30

And thus we can plainly discern, that after a people have been once enlightened by the Spirit of God, and have had great knowledge of things pertaining to righteousness, and then have fallen away into sin and transgression, they become more hardened, and thus their state becomes worse than though they had never known these things.

And so as we can see, we have the gospel and there are many who have fallen away or turn their backs on the church for some reason or the other and most times we go up to them and say, “hey, you know better.  You know you need the church and of course they will probably never come or maybe once in a while, but how about we go to them and say, “hi, Jan” or “hey, Paul … the Lord needs you and his church needs you!" Just think about it and you will see in all truth the Lord is reaching out to each and everyone one of us because he needs each of us to help him in this great work and I know that with all my heart to be TRUE!

No comments:

Post a Comment