Monday, February 16, 2015

Simeon Shivers in the Cold

Jumping for joy ... but no where near the edge!
Well, this was a really good week. We found many new persons who accepted our invitation to learn more about the message of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. Then it was really cool to have three of them show up at church after being taught only the first lesson! Yep, that shows the desire to at least find out if what we are sharing with them is true and that is really all the Savior asks of anyone. 

When I saw my bro dressed all in white it was really cool because I saw myself. Only thing is he has more muscles than I do (for now, anyway). 

 This week it got really cold. One night I was sure my hands were not going to make it because I forgot my gloves in a member’s car and I don't know why but I agreed to wait until Sunday to collect them. Yeah, that was not a good idea at all because as we rode to and fro from appointments my hands totally froze and then since it was dark I got hit by quite a few branches in the face as well. When we finally got home I got out my hot packs and went to work but there was only one problem. They took 15-30 minutes to warm up and in that time I am sure I could have built a fireplace, chopped wood and had a great fire going. But I did not, so I had to wait but in the end everything worked out just fine. 

My planner
 This Sunday it seemed we were the baby missionaries because the persons we are teaching and who came to church all had babies. Turns out, it became our job to make funny faces and keep them happy for the day. I have a cold. I will keep taking my vitamin C and keep doing the Lord’s work for I learned as we keep the commandments of God and invite others to do the same we "shall have eternal life.” 

Great work on the baptism, Bro! Alma 7:14-16 teaches us about the importance of this sacred covenant: 

14 "Now I say unto you that ye must repent, and be born again; for the Spirit saith if ye are not born again ye cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven; therefore come and be baptized unto repentance, that ye may be washed from your sins, that ye may have faith on the Lamb of God, who taketh away the sins of the world, who is mighty to save and to cleanse from all unrighteousness. 

15 "Yea, I say unto you come and fear not, and lay aside every sin, which easily doth beset you, which doth bind you down to destruction, yea, come and go forth, and show unto your God that ye are willing to repent of your sins and enter into a covenant with him to keep his commandments, and witness it unto him this day by going into the waters of baptism. 

 16 "And whosoever doeth this, and keepeth the commandments of God from thenceforth, the same will remember that I say unto him, yea, he will remember that I have said unto him, he shall have eternal life, according to the testimony of the Holy Spirit, which testifieth in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment