Monday, February 16, 2015

Selwin Isn't Stopping

So the week has been a super tough one. No matter where we went no one wanted to hear our wonderful message about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. But the Lord did give us something to smile about and to make our week.

We ran into an excommunicated member of the church while we were out tracting a few weeks ago.  We have been working with her to get her back into the church.  Her testimony is still there but she's had some rough patches in her life.  She is willing to change, because she knows by changing things could be so much better. So I asked her to lend me her scriptures because I was too lazy to get mine (which were like 5 feet away).  She loaned me hers and I shared with her a scripture which has helped me in my struggles. As I was reading it to her the thought came that I should mention the Atonement of Christ to her, so I did.

I told her she needed to let the Atonement of Jesus Christ work in her life and that as she does she will be able to overcome whatever obstacles in life she is facing right now.  I honestly don't know why I said that but I guess it must have been something the Lord wanted her to hear so he just used me to say it. I believe everything happens for a reason in this life and we just have to figure out what that reason is.  There is always something, for the Lord will never lead us blind. I know he places us in certain places at certain times for a reason and the people we meet are placed there just for us.  The Lord has never stopped gathering His people and His arm is always extended towards us if we only would reach out and take it.

I know the Savior lives and as long as He's here mankind will all have the opportunity to be touched by his love. I know I always say that but I'm one who has both seen and felt His love.  I took hold of His arms as He extended them towards me. My life has never been the same nor will it ever be the same again.  All Christ wants from us is for us to share His love with those around us and I encourage you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment