Monday, February 2, 2015

Simeon's Tough Week Had a Bright Side

Taking one last look at our apartment before transfer
Well, this week was a tough one but, of course, there was a bright side!  We struggled, working hard to find new persons to share this amazing Gospel with and it seems as if no one really wanted to give us a break. Of course the Lord did! 

We had been trying for about three months to get in contact with a less-active member.  Despite not ever being answered for all that time, still my determination was high. The next time I called someone answered and I mean a real voice (never mind that I thought it was a machine). It turned out to be the less-active member herself and she was happy to hear from us.  She wanted a blessing, so we arranged to meet her and her husband so we could do so.  The day and time came when we were to meet this less-active member and when we did it turned out her husband is a Japanese gentleman who does not speak an word of Japanese.  Boy, was I disappointed but then we proceeded to give this sister a blessing.  She asked me to give it and I honestly cannot remember but a few words but every word was truly meant for her.  As I finished giving her the blessing she glowed and radiated with the Spirit and her countenance changed from when we first met her.  With tears rolling down her face she said,  “thank you, thank you.  You are precious.”  

For three months I called and called and called and finally the Lord told her to answer.  In my heart I felt like I was blessing my sister, one who knew this Gospel and the Priesthood are true and that she needs to come back to where she belongs.  I pray she does and really soon.  Just giving someone that hope to know, through our Savior all is possible, gives me even greater joy and a firm reassurance the Savior's grace and Atonement is more than enough for all of us.  We can all change for the better!  Never stop trying to help those to come back to the fold, as well, because they too just like everyone else, need to be reminded the Savior's grace is sufficient to transform, help and change us!  And, hey, it will or may take time but it is worth it and just as the prophet Alma said in Alma 31: 34-35:

34 O Lord, wilt thou grant unto us that we may have success in bringing them again unto thee in Christ.

35 Behold, O Lord, their souls are precious, and many of them are our brethren; therefore, give unto us, O Lord, power and wisdom that we may bring these, our brethren, again unto thee.

1 comment:

  1. It is so hard to hear of your cancelled appointment week after week. I get the impression you are doing your part by living the mission rules and making contact with the good members and your personal study seems your strong suit. Bishop Goldhardt gave each of the Ward Council Members a powerful missionary tool entitled "The Power of Everyday Missionaries", The What and How of Sharing the Gospel by Clayton M. Christensen. If I sent my copy of the book would your mission president object? I know they want you to stick to Preach My Gospel and the Standard Works. Let me know...Best Wishes Brother Ed.

    ReplyDelete