Monday, January 18, 2016

Simeon and Elk Burgers

Who put that hole in the wall?
Well this was a nice week. We walked pretty much everywhere because we are low on miles, so no driving for us because the car is on vacation!  We tried to get as much done as we possibly could but with my new area covering about 7-8 cities within Atlanta itself it is very tough.  After walking and walking we were blessed to find a few new persons to teach. Most of the persons we were teaching are not moving forward so we will have to work a little harder to get them back on track.

This week I had my first taste of elk meat. It's not bad once I do the cooking, of course.  It you can figure it out “thumbs up” because I have to help my companion cook.  Last night as we made breakfast for dinner he said, "these are probably the best pancakes I ever made" after burning the first four! So I try to do the cooking.

When I hopped on my email today, Sister Sappington said, “Alright Simeon, we will have to discuss you coming home.” I have run from this for a long time but, in my next email from the church they said, “Hello Elder … this is My Plan so the Lord is saying, “alright, pack your bags, laddy because its onward to the next Mission!”

During my studies this week I came across these scriptures in Helaman 11:10-16

10 O Lord, behold this people repenteth; and they have swept away the band of Gadianton from amongst them that they have become extinct, and they have concealed their secret plans in the earth.
11  Now, O Lord, because of this humility wilt thou turn away thine anger and let thine anger be appeased in the destruction of those wicked men whom thou has already destroyed.
12  O Lord, wilt thou turn away thine anger, yea, thy fierce anger, and cause that this family may cease in this land.
13  O Lord, wilt thou hearken unto me, and cause that it may be done according to my words, and send forth rain upon the face of the earth, that she may bring forth her fruit and her grain in the season of grain.
14  O Lord, thou didst hearken unto my words when I said, Let there be famine that the pestilence of the sword might cease, and I know that thou wilt, even at this time, hearken unto my words, for thou saidst that:  If this people repent I will spare them.
15 Yea, O Lord, and thou sees that they have repented, because of the famine and the pestilence and destruction which has come unto them.
16  And now, O Lord, wilt thou turn away thine anger, and try again if they will serve thee?  And, if so, O Lord, thou canst bless them according to thy words which thou hast said.

So remember every single day this is what President Monson does and the thing is he needs all of our help in order to do so.  I pray when we do hear the call of the Prophet we heed his counsel for when we do we are following the counsel of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment