Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Selwin Reports on Purvis

Selfie with Elder Rasmussen
My first week in Purvis has been a blast but I sense there will be some cold weather coming our way really soon. I'm bracing myself for it.

The area is huge. I'll leave it at that. It consists mostly of trees with a house here and a few there, but it's so awesome. We went door knocking this week since we don't have any investigators. We knocked on one door and the guy’s wife turns to him and says, “come tell them to leave” as if we couldn't see or hear her.  So he gets up and tells us to go away.  We leave and start heading over to the next house when he comes out and tells us to get off his road, using language not appropriate to be written here. So we turned and left but their dog kept following us.  Yep, the dog knew we have the truth. We also met a pastor.  He was all fired up and started to contend with us and after noticing he wasn't even scratching the surface of my very being, he turns to my companion and says, " You should stop following him.”  This just made me laugh becauseI didn't know I had that much of a convincing power about me.

But the week was good.  My new companion's name is Elder Rasmussen. He's from Maryland but he was born in - yes you guessed it – Utah; and, guess what?  We share the same birthday. He's only been out a short time but he's got the desire to work and that's all that matters so it's going to be an awesome transfer.

Mosiah 23: 21-22 reads:
21 Nevertheless the Lord seeth fit to chasten his people; yea, he trieth their patience and their faith.

 22 Nevertheless—whosoever putteth his trust in him the same shall be lifted up at the last day. Yea, and thus it was with this people."

As children of our Father in Heaven, He builds us all in different ways but His purpose is the same for us all and that is helping us return to Him. Trials are only here to build us and we are never alone in facing them so whether it's been a rough week at work or with the family or finding people to share His gospel with, He's got us and that's all He wants us to know. We are never alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment