Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Selwin is Transferred


Breaking news for the week..... I just got transferred. Yep, now I'm in Purvis, Mississippi but I don't know where in Purvis as yet so look out for updates next week. 

My last week in Picayune was great despite me feeling really tired and not wanting to get out of bed almost everyday, but I made it and my energy has returned. We did a lot of following up this week returning to homes where they told us to come back. We got to clear off almost everyone on our list and a few told us to come back again, so they will be visited. We met with John this week as well who is part of a part member family.  He wants to be baptized but doesn't really know anything, so we've been teaching him, but taking it really slow. The sad part is, besides the father, nobody else really shows any interest in even sitting in on the lesson but we will get them there.  We took the first step by getting to know everyone by name so hopefully and with time things will change for them as a family.

During my studies this week I read about the prophet Abinadi - you all know the story - but what really stood out to me was his boldness and how he stood up.  He did not recall his words even though he knew it would mean he would die. This reminded me a true disciple of Christ are those who stand firm in their faith.  They are bold and testify of Christ even if it means dying, and it so reminded me of the words of the Savior when He said in Matthew 19:29: “And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life."

This places a lot of emphasis on the Savior.  It is so good to know we, as the Lord's children are doing all we can to bring about His good name and works to the world. Yes, we are small in number when compared to the world but we are mighty in the things we share and ever so strong when we stand up for the Savior. I know there isn't a single thing that could be more important than representing the Savior even if it means dying!



No comments:

Post a Comment