Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Simeon's First Transfer

Simeon doing service like a rodeo cowboy!
So this was transfer week. Yippeeee! I'm still here in Cartersville.  Double yippeeeee.  

This week was amazing. I read Sel's story on prayer and fasting and I can testify it does work. I decided to follow President Monson's guidance from General Conference when he said, "courage, not compromise brings a smile of God's approval" so I decided to be courageous, to follow the promptings of the spirit in finding new persons to teach and when I am teaching lessons to investigators.  Believe me it works! We invited two persons to be baptized each one day after one another.  The best thing is they live in the same house.  My companion did not have the courage to ask them so he wanted me to do it.  He said, "you are really bold, Elder Lovell."  It wasn't me doing the talking, and I was not the one who invited them to be baptized. It was the Savior Jesus Christ and they both said YES.  We sometimes forget we are representing the Savior and it is His example we all follow. 

In Timothy 4:12, we are counseled to "... be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith and in purity."  It felt amazing to have the Holy Spirit be my guide in extending those invitations to follow the example of the Savior and be baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God.  And yes!  I did feel God was smiling at us with a broad smile of approval! 

No comments:

Post a Comment