Monday, May 19, 2014

Selwin Is Grateful for Tender Mercies

I don't know how else to put this other than things are getting better

We even over shot some of our goals for last week.  Not boasting or anything but it just shows when you have faith and walk with the Lord all things become even more possible. Still haven't found anyone who seems to be really interested but I'm still grateful for all the tender mercies my Father in Heaven has blessed me with and for the opportunity He has given me to serve him.

In Doctrine and Covenants 84:79-80, we are told:

79 Behold, I send you out to prove the world, and the laborer is worthy of his hire.
80 And any man who shall go and preach this gospel of the kingdom, and fail not to continue faithful in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body, limb, nor joint; and a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst.
I was reading from the book Our Search For Happiness by Russell M. Ballard and this scripture stuck out to me and reminded me of my purpose as a missionary and why I am doing this.
Last night, I was talking to my family back home. I was listening to my uncle telling me I have work to do and to stay focused on the task at hand or else he would be waiting at the side of the roadway with a piece of pipe in hand to remind me of why I was doing this and to stay on the path. Now you are probably wondering why am I telling you this but it's amazing because he isn't even a member of the church.  To hear him talk about giving it my all and never giving up made me wonder if this really was my uncle. My other uncle who is a member started saying, “listen to Brother Lovell,” but to know my family back home is behind us made me feel even more blessed.  To see them (on Skype) was a blessing but to hear their words made me feel like I was home again.
One of the things I like most about this gospel is the promise families will be together forever. I don't know about you but that makes me really happy to know the people who taught you everything you know in this life will be with you forever is certainly a bonus. I have the privilege of having a very large family which includes everyone I've known all my life and everyone I've gotten to know and that's all I need.  Oh, yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment