Monday, March 14, 2016

Simeon's Final Thoughts as a Full-time Missionary

All of us going home, LaPaz' baptism and six missionaries in the cop's lights.
Well, it has been an amazing two years as a missionary for my Savior Jesus Christ and for his true church, but does it stop there? No, it does not!  It continues onward for we are always missionaries and we wear that precious name tag on our hearts always! 

The last week of my mission was probably the most interesting because on Monday we went out to dinner and the rain was pouring down. As we were driving home, the other elders' car broke down (we were not in it) so we stopped to help them and ended up staying with them for over an hour. A police officer pulled up to the scene with lights flashing and all, so there we were: six missionaries with cop lights blaring around them.  Then we all got in our one car with the cop watching us and drove back to our apartment where we all slept for the night and almost passed out due to way too much heat on our small apartment.  Luckily I turned on the air condition unit which saved us. The next few days were super cold. We also found out someone we were teaching got mugged and was not in good condition. We could do nothing to help in that situation, then to top it off, I did not even get my picture with the Sullivan's the family from the movie "Meet the Mormons" but alas it was all still wonderful!

I know my life mission has only and truly just begun and it has begun for all missionaries and returned missionaries for as Elder Holland said so plainly and boldly, "RM does not mean retired Mormon, it means 'Returned Missionary'."  I am one who carries on his Heavenly Father's and Savior's work and will continue to do so for there is truly no better duty than that. I know the Book of Mormon is true and the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith.  I know families can be together forever and as we endure and "endure with joy" we will see the Lord's blessings in our lives always. I wish to thank the wonderful members of the Bloomington7th ward for supporting me and my brother and for the Sappingtons who truly are miracles to us and God has truly guided us here for a purpose.  With His help and our Savior's help we will do just that! Georgia Atlanta Mission, yeah!  

No comments:

Post a Comment