Monday, March 21, 2016

Selwin is a SAP

Shreveport Zone with President and Sister Olson
So there was a lot that took place this last week and, yes, the rains came again. This time the rain drops were triple the size of a normal rain drop. I've always said when the rain falls it's because heaven is weeping because of the sins of the world which means we have got a lot more work to do because there has been a lot of rain here.

I was re-assigned this week, so I'm no longer in Shreveport, Louisiana. Instead I'll now be based out of Jackson Mississippi. My mission president, President Olson has asked me to do something which has never been done before in this mission. Now instead of teaching individuals more about the gospel of Jesus Christ we will be teaching and helping missionaries in the mission and basically strengthening them and helping them to build their faith in the Savior and in His gospel. So for the last weeks of my mission I'll be a Special Assistant to the President, aka SAP or as they would say back in the good old days a Travelling Assistant. But so far it's been a blast and we do a lot of driving but it's all worth it and I count it a privilege to be of service to my fellow man. 

My companion Elder Hansen who was my MTC companion, too.
King Benjamin taught his people:

17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.
 18 Behold, ye have called me your king; and if I, whom ye call your king, do labor to serve you, then ought not ye to labor to serve one another?
 19 And behold also, if I, whom ye call your king, who has spent his days in your service, and yet has been in the service of God, do merit any thanks from you, O how you ought to thank your heavenly King!"

Jesus Christ was the perfect example of one who gave service without being asked and He encouraged His disciples to do the same.  As disciples of the Savior His mantle is passed on to us. So just look for those little ways in which you can serve and I know the Savior will be smiling because you went out of your way to make another's day. #Hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment