Monday, March 7, 2016

Selwin's A Traveling Man

This week has been one where all we did was drive a lot, in fact we visited every state in my mission.  I must admit it was really awesome and what made it even more awesome is we did it in one day. Whoa!!!!!.

This week though was a bit rough on us as even more individuals gave us the infamous "I'm not interested anymore.”  In fact, one lady sent her husband, who was a deacon in his church, to confront us. I wasn't in the mood so we talked for a bit and left, but it did explain why she didn't return any of our calls. It still made me wonder why she gave us her number in the first place? We had a lot of people tell us to come back, as well, but the coolest thing ever happened when my companion saw a license plate with the word “GUYANA.” I flipped the car around to investigate and sure enough that's what it said. So, your guess is right. I proceeded to the door and met the lady, but she was sick and said to come back later in the week.  It was super-awesome to hear.  Later, we met with a Jamaican, which just made the day.  Once again the Lord showed me how, by being persistent, we can accomplish things. Nothing feels better than sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with someone.

President Thomas S. Monson once said: "In the performance of our responsibilities, I have learned that when we heed a silent prompting and act upon it without delay, our Heavenly Father will guide our footsteps and bless our lives and the lives of others. I know of no experience more sweet or feeling more precious than to heed a prompting only to discover the Lord has answered another person’s prayer through you".

Everyday many offer prayers to our Father in Heaven for various reasons and they seek an answer.  Most time the way the Lord answers their prayers is through us, so let us always be worthy in all we do so when those promptings do come we can heed them.  The joy you will feel when you know you have done good is beyond what words can describe and great shall be the rejoicing in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment