Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Simeon Says Yes to Being a Missionary

Me with Elders Goodrich and Albertson
This week was very nice, I will say.  It included me not resting my ankle like I was supposed to and going to meetings and trying to sit on couches with a suit on, which is very uncomfortable.  Besides that, it was very nice. We have the cold here with us now, which means I am having to throw on a few more layers just to be comfortable.  We still have a lot more to come which I am getting ready for.

Superman times two!
We found a lot of really cool people this week and took every chance we got to tell people about this wonderful news.  In one lesson we received a reply a missionary always wants to hear, so I will tell.  We met this young mother named Pepe who is from Burma.  Every time we would go back to see her more people seemed to be in the home.  When we were finally able to sit with everyone last night for the lesson, I was very happy.  As we thought about the lesson, I felt the Holy Spirit, so I decided to ask all of them individually what they each felt and they all responded, "This is true. We believe this." I then asked them a question which has helped me to build my testimony so I asked, “do you feel that if this message we shared with you was not true would you still be sitting here listening to us?” To this question, they all said very clearly NO!  So, I said, “then it is true?”  They said “yes” in agreement which is awesome. As we are leaving I found out almost half the family, including the baby on the way, are or will be born in December.  Of course one of them has our birthday, which is awesome! Coincidence? I think not!

Alright, so I was cutting my hair last night, and as I am going for the sides, my comb comes completely off and buzzed the side of my head. I had to cut all my hair off so it is way too short now and I have a training to do tomorrow, which just makes my day, but it's better to laugh about it than to get upset about it.

So scripture time 2 Nephi 26:33 – “For none of these iniquities come of the Lord; for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile.”

No comments:

Post a Comment