Monday, November 2, 2015

Selwin Gets Pounded

Me and my comp at our ward's fall festival
We got pounded this week, by a whole lot of rain from the hurricane, which hit Mexico. We are still getting more which everyone is loving but I just want the sun to show it's beautiful face right now.  Yep, that would make my day!!!

The week has been a good one, but also a really trying one. For once we actually got a member to go out with us to an appointment only to have it fall through. As the saying goes, “control what you can control and just keep going” but the member said we could call on them again, so that's awesome. We tracted a lot but didn't find anyone.  On our way back from tracting we tried to see an investigator but he was sleeping.  I looked at what we had written down as our back-up plan and didn't like what I saw. It was a few potentials I haven't really been able to read to know if they just like having us over or they are really serious about this. The natural man in me said, "hey, let's go somewhere else" but the voice in my head said, "turn left and go and visit them". So I listened and we paid them a visit.  What a shocker we got! It turned out their granddaughter was there and she wanted to know what we really believed.  We told her and we had a good conversation. But, on our way out I just felt I needed to say more. Turns out she believes everything we believe. In fact, she almost quoted word-for-word the words found in Alma 34:32: “For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors."

Me and one of the ward members
It was so amazing!  She then wanted to know “where is that?” after I had her read it, to which I replied, "The Book of Mormon". We left her with a Plan of Salvation pamphlet, which she said she would definitely read.  We also invited her to church. This experience was a powerful reminder the Lord always knows better and we need to let Him use us the way He sees fit. It means we must be spiritually in tune all the time. If we are, then we will hear when He speaks to us giving us the guidance we need in everything we do. I truly know the Lord never leaves us and every effort we make in our lives to live it right is greatly appreciated by Him. Yes, indeed, we may not always see the blessings right away but we can be assured the blessings are there whether we see them in this life or the next. And don't worry too much and start thinking because your spirituality isn't as great as someone else's you can't ever get there. Even though you sometimes struggle to recognize His spirit, the Lord works with us all differently and at our own pace. That is my testimony to you, I know it because I've been there and I'm still working hard at getting where He needs me to be.

Mosiah 4:9 reads: "Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend."


Trust in the Lord always!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment