Monday, November 9, 2015

Selwin's Great Week

Outside our apartment door.  Brrr!!!
So I got up this morning to do my usual session of staying fit (also known as exercising) when I decided to see what the weather was like, so I opened the door and closed it back faster than I had opened it. Alright whose big idea was it to pray for cold weather?

This week has been really good despite the weather acting all weird. It was another week of doing a lot of tracting but this week we were blessed beyond measure.  In the last three days we have found more people than we have in the last couple of weeks.  Talk about the Lord opening the windows of heaven and pouring us out a blessing. We didn't, however, get to visit anyone we had already been teaching this week but all is well. We went out on splits with two of the priests in the ward.  They are brothers, which was even better.  Upon the request of their mom who said, “make them talk” I made the one who went me do just that.  It was awesome. Yep, you moms know best.

Me and the deer.
But that's pretty much what the week was like - filled with rain, sunshine and cold weather, all topped off with finding people to teach. During my studies this week I came across a scripture in the gospel of Luke which reads (in Luke 22:32): “But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren."

Here the Savior is telling his apostle Peter he still needs to be converted, then to strengthen his brethren. Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles said:

"Jesus’ challenge shows the conversion He required for those who would enter the kingdom of heaven (see Matt. 18:3) was far more than just being converted to testify to the truthfulness of the gospel. To testify is to know and to declare. The gospel challenges us to be ‘converted,’ which requires us to do and to become."

This made me think of where my conversion is and what am I doing to be fully converted, for the Lord knows being fully converted doesn't happen over night.  I truly know He wants to see how far we will go in letting the gospel convert us. It should be our goal to do and to become and hence by doing so we will be working hard toward our own personal conversion.  In doing so we will be able to help those around us do the same.  This is the will of our Father in Heaven for each and everyone of us and what an awesome will He has for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment