Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Selwin is Fired Up by the Words of the Prophet

Top left:  Brookhaven District, Me with Elder Stokes.
Bottom left:  Itinerary for travel to St. George and the Wake Village and Stonewall sisters.
This week we drove for what seemed like forever.  We were also apart of a few meetings and a couple other changes taking place in the mission.  To top it all off General Conference was just awesome!!!

We only met with six (6) companionships this week but it was an awesome experience never the less.  We got to drive home late - yep, no time limit on us though it told on me the next day. General Conference for me was one where chastisement was put on and delivered with love. It was also a call for me at least to keep pressing forward. It was awesome. During the priesthood session, as President Thomas S. Monson spoke, he said something which really hit home.  If it had been the only thing he had said it would have been alright with me.

He said: "You are a child of promise, you are a man of might, you are a son of God."  My soul was engulfed with the spirit and I felt a burning desire to live up to that saying, in fact I'm even more fired up, so look out world! It is another testimony to me of why we need prophets in our day. We are still in need of guidance from God regardless of where we stand in life, because the path needing to be travelled is not an easy one but one that once endured will be well worth it. And the Lord knows it, hence why we have leaders who can tell us of the Lord's will for us as we strive to return to live with Him again and one day we will hear Him say " well done thou good and faithful servant."

We are all in this great work together and the Lord is at the head of it.  This is His church and His gospel and I count it a great honor to be apart of it. The Lord said in Moses 1:39: "For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."

What a blessing and what a great promise the Lord is bestowing on us becuase of the great love He has for us. I know He lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment